The Educational Psychology Team is part of the Inclusion Service based within Portsmouth City Council’s Education Department.
Our key purpose is to promote all aspects of a child or young person's development (aged 0-25), through the application of psychology.
In order to help children and young people reach their full potential, we may work with the young person themselves, with their parents or carers, with their teachers and support staff and in partnership with other agencies.
We believe that we can maximise the educational opportunities and social/emotional development children and young people through the practical application of psychology. In striving for the achievement of this we are guided by the following key values:
• We are child advocates: the well-being of the child is paramount.
• Psychological research and evidence underpins our practice; we are committed to continuous professional development in order to improve outcomes for children and young people
• The importance of collaborative work with families, educational settings, partner agencies and the voluntary sector.
• A commitment to inclusion, equal opportunities and non-discriminatory practice.
• A belief that change is possible.