A core offer of support is provided to all Portsmouth schools and academies, free of charge except where otherwise indicated below, as part of our statutory duties.
This core offer includes:
- An annual standards review meeting
- Termly Education Improvement briefings
- Fulfilment of the LA statutory function for assessment at the end of EYFS, KS1, and KS2, in line with DfE requirements, e.g. moderation of end of Key Stage assessment. (This service is chargeable for academies)
- LA officer conversation with Ofsted lead inspector during Section5/8 inspections, either on the telephone or in person, and attendance at feedback.
- Support for governors through attendance at day 2 of new Headteacher interviews, either by the head of the Education Service or their representative. (Maintained schools only)
- Additional support is provided for maintained schools of moderate or maximum concern.
- For maintained schools in an Ofsted category 4 ( i.e. special measures, serious weaknesses ) the service will support the school to develop their post-Ofsted action plan and broker support for implementation, as well as monitoring and evaluation.
- Bristol Document Summary Service for Local Authority Maintained schools only. Academy schools can purchase this through Education General Services Traded Service if required.
We also support our schools through the provision of other chargeable services. These are described under More Details below.
Finally, we facilitate inter-school support through a series of Learning Network meetings.