Repairs and maintenance, in and outside the working day, for schools and academies in and near Portsmouth
Schools have been allocated budgets and have responsibility for compliance with statutory requirements, building repairs and routine maintenance of mechanical and electrical installations subject to the thresholds for the maximum value of any one repair set out below:
• £5,000 for primary schools
• £10,000 for secondary schools
Major repairs and maintenance above these thresholds are subject to capital-funding bids which are not included in this arrangement.
Property and Housing Services (PHS) offer a professional service to all maintained schools and academies that will give you a single point of contact to call when you need a repair or something needs maintenance including:
• Compliance with the legislative requirements in connection with your building.
• 24/7 365 days a year availability for routine and emergency repairs helpdesk service for repairs to buildings, heating and electrics etc.
• Routine maintenance and regular servicing of equipment to ensure it stays in good repair.
These works are carried out by our specialist contractors and their and their work is managed by a professional team of surveyors and engineers.